- Initiate Programs to Strengthen Families and Communities We promote good family life skills through programs on family and consumer affairs and support projects such as recycling, improving parenting skills and encouraging responsible citizenship.
- Interpret and Record Local History We have been officially recording community histories in our Tweedsmuir History Books since 1947. Our Members also work with museums, libraries and schools.
- Share Fun and Friendship We enjoy speakers at monthly meetings and tours .
- Advocate for Change, Resolutions, Briefs and Letters We stay informed of current legislation and discuss laws that affect the lives of our Members and their families. We continue to appeal for improved life skills training in our school systems.
Develop and Hone Leadership Skills We educate through workshops and demonstrations that provide personal growth opportunities for our Members.
- Identify and Act on Local, National and Global Issues WI initiates and participates in projects on agriculture, industry and education. We also work to revitalize community spirit, lobby for safer, healthier communities and study international affairs, customs and issues.
- Share a Voice with Women around the World Through our connections with the Federated Women’s Institutes of Canada (FWIC) and the Associated Country Women of the World (ACWW), we belong to a global sisterhood of women working to improve the quality of life for all women, their families and communities.